Wednesday, June 20, 2018

The Next Step

For close to two years, this blog has been a means to record my thoughts and growth as I moved through the Master's of Educational Leadership program at CityU. This week was our graduation ceremony, and - since my thesis is finished - that stage of my learning journey is complete.


So, what's next? I feel that I'm in the perfect position. I love the job I'm in, which allows me to visit numerous schools, problem solve with a variety of staff, students, and parents, and have the opportunity to continually learn new things about supporting struggling students.

However, I'm also on the threshold of entering the world of school administration! This past week I was interviewed for the position of vice principal for middle school, and I just heard that I have been asked to join the "pool" of VPs waiting for the next opening. How exciting! I feel thrilled and nervous in equal measure; nervous not because I don't think I'm ready, but rather because I have so many dreams and such high expectations for myself, and I know that it will be extremely challenging to bring those to fruition.

Thus I sit at my desk, on a quiet morning in June, contemplating both the uncertainty and the exciting possibilities that await around the next bend. Whatever the path, I will continue this blog with a new purpose: to share my thoughts and growth as I move through the world of district level leadership, both in my current position as a helping teacher, and in the future as an administrator.

Welcome to my new journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment